First, thank you everyone for all of your kind words and wishes. I have to apologize for not answering emails, phone calls and FB messages. I will eventually. I forgot how all-consuming life with toddlers can be. Megan is really adjusting beautifully though. She laughs and giggles a lot and loves to eat but isn't hoarding food like so many children from orphanages tend to do. Still some sleep issues - she'd much rather be doing anything else but sleeping, but has slept through the night twice now! For the first few days she slept 4 hours or less a night (no nap) and I was walking into walls and Keith was still jetlagged. The big brothers are enjoying having a little girl to spoil and are very good with her.
She understands EVERYTHING and has a handful of English words. She enjoys speaking Chinese with a doll she has that says about 20 Chinese phrases. She's very proud of herself when she pronounces the Chinese correctly. About half of the adopted children reject Chinese language school, but she quite possible may not. Something else to look into. She was SO verbal in China I would hate to see her lose all of her language, and the estimate is that they will in 4 months if it's not kept up.
Here are some pictures from China... haven't had a chance to get the new pictures off of the camera yet. Soon! She looks different already - younger and much, much happier.
We have been blessed to have this little one. And she is perfect for us - she is every bit the clown as the older two!
The picture in lavender is the day of the "Red Couch Photo" - all babies passing through the White Swan share this phot op. Megan was not cooperating. A side note - she was also not interested in her "Going Away Barbie" whish is unopened on the top shelf in her closet. The dolls are selling for a few hundred on eBay and maybe in 15 years it can contribute towards college.
2 comments:
Christine, jelly bean! So good to see some pictures of Megan. She is darling! Life sure can be exhausting with a little one this age. Sometimes it's a good thing that it does go fast. :D I'm glad to hear that she's fitting in so well. Holly
I'm so glad to see the new pictures. She is such a cutie. I'm really glad to hear she's adjusting well to being home. You must be happy to have your family all together. Keep us posted as you find time!
Post a Comment