Megan passed her TB test, although it was touch and go for a moment. Another little friend was subjected to a chest X-ray because of the positive skin test, but she was fine too. Apparently they give the kids 5x the serum they do here so a lot test positive. I don't understand the reason, but there's a lot I don't understand - like why we have to test these kids when doctors have said 3 year olds can't cough hard enough to infect others. And we don't test adults traveling from TB hot spots.
Keith and Megan and a lot of the families toured the Chen Family Temple and saw some monks in action. No pictures yet.
The last bit of news is taken right from one of Keith's emails. We were impressed. But here we go again with kids smarter than we are.
Every time she asks "cesuar" (Ce Suo)(toilet) I say "you have to go to the bathroom, Cesuar?" Today in the park she said Cesuar and I started for the the hotel and she stopped me and pointed towards the restroom. I don't know how she knew, but I said Ok. It wasn't too bad in there, but still I was a little skeeved. I held her about 10 inches above the toilet. She thought it was funny. Later, she had to go again, but I wanted to take her back to the hotel and not use the public restroom. She kept saying cesuar and I just kept rollin the stroller towards the hotel saying yes, yes. She turned her head towards me and said "I have to go the bathroom" as plain as day. She's one smart cookie.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my Gosh! That's too funny. She is one smart cookie, and is probably thinking Baba has a few screws loose for not wanting to use a perfectly good, close-by bathroom. :)
I understand Keith's reasoning as those bathrooms are SCARY, but that is what she is used to. She sounds so smart & can't wait for you to see her in action once she is home!
Sounds like she's going to be a wonderful fit in your family. She's either going to keep you young or age you ahead of your time. :D
Post a Comment